This area has not be optimized for screenreaders or keyboard navigation. The area presents excerpts from the schedule. The full schedule can be reached via the main navigation or the neighboring link.


Lisztstraße 1, 1030 Vienna, Europe

© Matthias Horn

The Akademietheater was built by the architects Fellner and Helmer and Ludwig Baumann between 1911 and 1913 and has been the Burgtheater’s second venue since 1922. After members of the Burgtheater ensemble had been pushing for years to establish a second, more intimate venue, Max Paulsen succeeded in affiliating the smaller Akademietheater (full name Theater der Akademie für Musik und darstellende Kunst) with the Burgtheater.

  • Info

    • The evening box office opens one hour prior to each performance

  • Getting there

    • Getting there by public transport:
      U4 Underground – Stadtpark
      2, D trams – get off at Schwarzenbergplatz
      4A bus – get off at Akademietheater

    • Parking: WIPARK Garage am Beethovenplatz
      The area around the Akademietheater is a short-term parking zone between 9am and 10pm

  • #burgtheaterfakt: Akademietheater, Auditorium dimensions

    • Capacity: 500 seats, 32 standing places, 4 wheelchair spaces

    • Forestage width: 12.5m

    • Forestage depth: 3.25m

    • Stage area width: 20m

    • Depth: 9.6m

    • Height to the gridiron: 19.5m

    • To the first grid deck: 8m

    • Proscenium arch width: 11.35m

    • Max. proscenium arch height: 6.8m

Mehr Entdecken
Element 1 von 1

Das Akademietheater feiert 100-jähriges Jubiläum

#aka100: Anlässlich des 100-jähriges Jubiläums des Akademietheaters sammeln wir Ihre Geschichten!
Back to top